Fireplace Tools in San Jose, CA
Invest in A High-Quality Fireplace Tool Set
So, you’ve installed a brand-new fireplace, complete with all the trappings modern design offers. What’s next? There are some essential fireplace tools San Jose, CA homeowners must invest in before starting their first roaring fire. At Wright Lighting and Fireside, we sell everything you need to build and maintain a safe fire. Our tools and accessories are not only functional but attractive as well. A set of ornamental fireplace tools will make a noticeable difference in your home’s overall look by adding a distinguished element to a prominent area. We have sold essential fireplace items to customers in the area since 1957, and we’re proud to carry on our legacy by outfitting your home with everything you need.
What Fireplace Tools Do I Need?
Every fireplace needs to have a set of tools to manage fireplace properly. Trying to operate one without the correct items is not only difficult but unsafe. Fortunately, we can help you select everything you need and provide pointers on using each piece. You’ll need:
- Fireplace Tongs: Controlling the fire is critical. Fireplace tongs allow you to move burning logs around the fireplace to continue the roaring fire through the night. Large fires require longer tongs. We have a wide selection in our showroom.
- Fire Poker: This tool accomplishes a similar goal as fireplace tongs but in a different way. You will use fireplace pokers to poke into the fire and shift burning logs. The goal is to increase oxygen intake to the fire, which is crucial in maintaining a fire.
- Fireplace Shovel: While a fire burns, you’ll want to keep an eye on the ash. Too much of it, and there will not be enough air in the fire. You can use the fireplace shovel to remove some – but not all – of the ash as the fire burns.
- Fireplace Brush: Keeping the area around your fireplace clear is important to most homeowners. Investing in a high-quality fireplace brush is a great way to do so. This tool allows you to sweep excess ash back into the fireplace if it blows onto the flow.
- Bellows or Blow Poker: A bellows or blow poker helps deliver instant oxygen to a smoldering fire. It is an essential tool for homeowners because it enables them to prolong the life of the day’s fire. We have numerous bellows and blow pokers for sale.
- Storage: Nobody wants a mess of fireplace tools leaning against the wall. Keeping everything organized is crucial. We sell a broad range of storage, including upright and hanging hardware.
Our Fireplace Tools Buying Guide
When it comes to selecting a fireplace toolset, there are more options than you might think. We can help. To get started, begin thinking about your tastes and functional needs. Understanding what you’re looking for will make the process easier. We don’t want any of our customers to have any buyer’s remorse, so we encourage you to consider these four factors when purchasing tools:
- Material: Obviously, fireplace tools are never made from plastics or any other substance that burns. Any set you purchase will be brass, wrought iron, or polished steel. We recommend looking at photos of tools made from these materials to gauge which one you prefer. We can help direct you as well.
- Size: Larger fireplaces need longer tools to keep you safe while tending to the fire. Smaller fireplaces do not necessarily require lengthy shovels, tongs, or pokers. If you have a smaller fireplace, it may come down to personal preference.
- Shape: Shape is another factor that ultimately comes down to personal preference. For instance, French tongs do not have a hinge, so users must manually open them. Dutch tongs have a hinge and generally open wider. Pokers with a hook have more grip, while pokers with a tip can easily plunge into the fire.
- Style: Fireplace tools come in a broad range of styles. If your home is modern or contemporary, you might want to veer away from wrought iron, which is more ornamental and old-fashioned. Stainless steel is a good bet. Rustically-designed houses might look great with wrought iron or brass.
Indoor Fireplace Accessories and Much More
Once you’ve purchased the fireplace tools you must have to manage a fire safely, you can begin thinking about ways to accessorize your fireplace. We have a wide range. In most cases, you’ll be sitting in the living or family room while you enjoy your fireplace. These are high-traffic and visible areas. We think it’s best to dress up the fireplace as much as possible. You can look into purchasing andirons and a fireplace candelabra. Our store also contains a wide array of ash-related products, such as dump doors, buckets, vacuums, and more. If you want to save yourself a few trips lugging firewood into the home, maybe purchase a rolling firewood cart. We also offer firewood storage options. Visit our showroom today to see everything we have to offer.